Tuesday, November 23, 2010

240 Comradery: A Good Deed

Sunday night I got a call from an area code I didn't recognize. I didn't answer and just let the call go on to voicemail. Turns out a guy with a hatch was traveling throught Iowa and was in desperate need of some new tires. He saw my ad on Craigslist for my S14 steelies with like new tires and gave me a call. He had a blowout and was now driving on a spare that literally had no tread on it. We worked out a deal to trade his 5 spoke wheels (which I haven't figured out what make they are) with bunk tires, his bald spare, and 25 bucks for my steelies and a brand new spare. I also loaded up a jack and some tools, with the thought that I would want someone to do the same for me if I was in his position, and met him at a local HyVee. When I got there I helped Anthony swap out the wheels and found out what his situation was. He had been on the road for months out of California for a skating trip. He had his girlfriend, two dogs, and just the bare essentials loaded up in his little hatch, which had no heat. They had been clear over to the New England states and were trying to make their way back home to Cali. After hearing his story I told him to keep his cash and to stay in touch. After a few days I heard back from him and turns out he had ran into some ice in Nebraska, causing him to hit a wall twice. Everyone is okay but pictures of what happened are posted below. I hope I started a chain of good deeds and wish the best of luck to my newfound friend and fellow S Chassis Comrade. Good luck duder!


No comments: