Sunday, April 17, 2011

Backyard Exhaust Shop

After finishing up my header, It was on to making my downpipe fit snugly above my frame rails. The death of my old exhaust system was because it hung too low and scraped away until it leaked. My test pipe and downpipe both showed up a few days ago so Bunny and I chocked up my car this morning and then test fitted everything to see what would have to be done to get it all to work. The downpipe clearly wasn't made for a lowered car so we flattened it out and exagerated the bend towards the test pipe. It definitely isn't the prettiest, but it won't be easily seen and shouldn't scrape which is what counts. Now we're just waiting for those BC II's and some EGR plugs. Still lots of other work to be done though.







5 comments:

david lai said...

really like the simpleness of your s13 :] was wondering where you got your side skirts from?

thanks!
david

Taylor said...

Thanks bro...they're actually OEM skirts.

david lai said...

gotcha. thanks! what about the rear valences?

Taylor said...

They're actually no names that I got from Japan. I've posted them in the identify this thread on Zilvia and no one seems to know what they are. Theres no markings or anything on them.

magi said...

congrats! keep up the good work/this is a great presentation.
Car Exhausts