Friday, October 15, 2010

Door Panels

My door panels are starting to fall apart and it's getting harder and harder to source clean ones. They've already been reupholstered and I'm not happy with them. I could wait for a clean overpriced set to come along but I think I'm gonna try and do something different. There's a few aftermarket companies that make carbon fiber panels but that shit is played. I want to find some aluminum sheet metal and fabricate something myself. I think I could get it to look decent and I'm planning on a partial gut anyways. I think they would compliment each other nicely. I'm just gonna rip some of the panels out of it and sell them and then worry about chipping the sound deadening out later. I'm hoping that removing the headliner will give me enough room to run a cusco cage since I have a sunroof but I'm not sure. I mite just have to do a roll bar or get something custom.

No comments: