Sunday, October 10, 2010

Home From Kirksville

I returned home from my girlfriend's hometown earlier today. I had an amazing time, met more of her family and friends, and ate some good homemade cookin'. Her mom is an amazing cook. Thanks Margaret! I ate alot and was plenty full even though she wouldn't believe me lol. Her step dad is actually in the middle of building a 1929 Model A sedan with a 350 in it and also a '61 Pontiac Catalina. He showed me around his shop which is one of three that he has. It was pretty cool to see some of the backyard fabrication that he's done. They should be looking proper when he's finished. He was telling me that he wants to put 14 in. wide wheels in the rear of the sedan. I can't wait to see that. :) We walked around the square and went into alot of little shops including an international food store that had some interesting stuff. One had these things called Wee Blocks. Look at the pictures. They're self-explanatory lol. Another one had a Frankenstein pillow case just like one that I still have and have had since I was little. We also got kicked out of Pagliai's Pizza for trying to pay for the ronzas that we ordered. THAT was cool. There was even a cop behind us in line that was just smiling. Haha. We visited Truman College while we were there too which was quite impressive. My girlfriend has alot of memories there because she's big into dance and used to perform there when she was younger. In the school park there was a gum tree so I was obligated to stick mine on it haha. Other than that we hung out, chatted, and watched movies for the rest of the weekend. It was nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city for awhile. The view out there is amazing. They have land as far as you can see from the back of their house. I love the country and can see myself moving there someday. I'm definitely going back in the near future. Oh, and we saw alot of Amish on the way there and back. They're interesting people. The blurry over the dash photos are of the horse-drawn buggies that they drive. Thanks babe for an amazing weekend!

No comments: