Saturday, May 21, 2011

Talks with Nana

My best friend's grandma lives down the street from me. I took my car out for a bit today and stopped at the bottom of my hill to talk to her because she was outside. My brother and I were always close to her growing up. She was doing yardwork so we gave her a hand as we reminisced. She has one of the biggest hearts of anyone I know, and a soothing way with words to remind me where I came from and what's important in life. Talking to her has really helped me with everything that I'm going through right now. I feel bad as our relationship as come more to waves than anything as we drive past. I'm going to be sure to stop down there a lot more often just to say hi or help her when we can because she went out of her way to help us out as we were younger. She even had a fundraiser at the car auction she works for to raise money for my brother and I's little league baseball uniforms. Thanks for everything nana. We love you.

No comments: