Friday, August 20, 2010

Mickey D's

I often wonder when I go into a McDonald's why there are men and women over the age of forty working there.  Not the mentally challenged guy working in the lobby that walks with a gimp and one arm to his chest, that's understandable.   I'm talking about the people behind the counter that have obviously just failed at life.  On my most recent visit, it suddenly hit me after they had screwed up my order.  I had taken my cousin's daughter there for a happy meal. One of the bigger mighty kids meals.  She wanted a six piece chicken nugget so we ordered and when we received it we sat down in a booth.  We opened up her little box of fun, or more like bundle of dissapointment.  Inside were four nuggets in a 6 piece nugget box. Wow, I figured somebody must have gotten confused, I mean they do serve 4 piece happy meals. So I took it back up and explained to the guy at the counter. He threw it away and gave me a new one. I thought ok, no big deal. People make mistakes. When I got back to the table we opened it up for round two.  I can't begin to tell you how amazed I was to see only five nuggets in the box.  SHOCKED.  These people amaze me.  I took it back to the counter and asked who couldn't count and these dudes wanted to try and defend themselves like they hadn't just miscounted twice...all the way to six. WOW. 

No comments: