Thursday, August 26, 2010

Where it all started

This was the first 240 that my brother and I owned. We actually went in half and half on it for our first car. We paid $1700 for it and the thing was a shitbox. I bought it off of some Bosnian kid that had the great idea of ripping a gladiator wing off a civic at his high school and gracing this pos with it. This guy was a straight up idiot. Why he would have even taken the risk of stealing such a hideous fucking wing is beyond me. Anyways, back to the car. I couldn't take the wing off because it would have left holes for rain to get in. Not that it didn't already, but I figured why add fuel to the fire. A new hatch would have fixed the problem but I didn't get around to it before it was totaled. I knew the car had been wrecked before because there was a good size dent in the front bumper. Probably the douchebag that I bought it from. You can't tell in the pics but the kid had rattle canned it. That and he put a full three inch exhaust on it which was entirely too much for an NA motor. The suspension was completely worn out, the car seemed to sway side to side as it was driven and the feeling was intensified when going over the slightest bumps in the road. The frame rails were just about gone which didn't help the way the car handled. Every time I drove it I felt as though it may have been my last, whether it be the end of it's own life, my life, or both. My brother and I went out sliding it around in the rain one day after registering for school and slid it right into a fire hydrant. Dumbass kids. That was the end of 240 numero uno. These are the only two pictures that I have of the car. I was too ashamed of it. Haha.


2 comments:

Nick (Technick) DeVries said...

OMG! I remember this car, and you guys let me drive it up at Mcdonnalds, surprisingly this thing thing really made me want to get one bad.

Tyler said...

Haha yeah man! And you let me drive that silver Eclipse you had. Now look, we're all rocking 240s