Thursday, September 30, 2010

Old Timers

Went and visited an old friend today. I've known him since I was probably seven when I began racing slot cars. He's been a good friend and a mentor. He's always ready to help if you need it. Every time I see him I learn something new. Small things, tricks of the trade you might say. He's currently building two race cars. His ingenuity and creativity shows in each one of them with all of the custom parts that hes fabricated. He makes everything with wood or constuction paper first and then transfers it to metal. I love hanging out with older guys that have been in the game for years because of the wisdom they have. They can show you a simple trick that can make something that's been fighting you so much easier. Not only do I learn things pertaining to cars, but also life lessons. "Too much, no good." Thanks for everything you've done for us.

No comments: