Thursday, September 2, 2010

Little Paradise

This past Sunday, my brother and I took a trip to Lake Panorama. My cousin, aunt, and my other cousin's daughter also went. We go out there every once and awhile to visit with my grandpa who owns a house on the lake. He's lived there for as long as I can remember. It's where we always went for summer vacation and for holidays and family gatherings. I can't recall not ever spending a Christmas there. It's always been our place to get away from everything, relax and just enjoy the scenery and peaceful surroundings. Everything is so calm and mellow, and everyone is worry free while out there. Lately we haven't gone much except for the usual holidays and other family gatherings because there is always so much going on with work, school and wrenching on cars. I need to get out there and see him more because he has had such a big impact on me and I look up to him. He's probably the most influential person in my life, a soft hearted, caring and down to earth kind of guy that gets down to business when need be. He's one of the hardest working people I have ever met. A strong, straightforward Serbian that tells it like it is and takes shit from no one or as my Ma would say, strong like bull. Haha. Must be where I get it from...my Serbian roots. He's been a great teacher, full of wisdom and tells great stories. I love you Papa.



No comments: