Sunday, September 5, 2010

It's a Nash. A what? A NASH.

A few years ago, my father passed this hoss down to us. It was passed down to him from his mother and he vowed to keep it in the family. It's a 1950 Nash, which later became Rambler, and then American Motor Corporation. With only 37,000 miles, I can remember many times that it was the best running car we had. It was one the world's first unibodies ever produced, making it surprsingly light considering it's size. For an engine there is an L-Head inline 6 cylinder mated to a 3 speed tranny with a column shift, a 3 on the tree. With 80 horsepower I'm a gear slamming, double-clutching madman behind the wheel....just kidding. I took it out for a few hotlaps around the neighborhood yesterday. Made me want to grow my hair out and buy a leather jacket. And a beach boys CD. As cool as I think it would look dumped on the ground with the factory wheels spaced out a little bit I have to keep it original. It would be a crime to do anything other than a restoration. I plan on taking it to a few local car shows before it gets too
cold out.




No comments: